Ms. Richer has over five years of experience in transportation planning with expertise in multi-modal data collection, survey design, and active transportation planning. Using spatial analysis, statistical analysis, and design software, Chelsea effectively communicates complex, data-driven findings to a wide variety of audiences.
She has a Master of Urban & Regional Planning Degree from the University of California, and a Bachelor of Arts in Environmental Studies and Public Policy from the University of Chicago. As a Senior Transportation Planner at Fehr & Peers, a leading Transportation Consulting firm, Ms. Richer has been involved in a variety of key Vision Zero action planning projects. This includes the Culver City Bicycle and Pedestrian Action Plan & Vision Zero Action Plan, the West Hollywood Fountain Avenue Traffic Safety Study, and the LA Department of Transportation Vision Zero Technical Analysis, among many others.
Her recent presentation topics and areas of expertise include:
- Vision Zero Deep Dive: Taking Meaningful Action on Vision Zero
- Vision Zero Technical Analysis in Los Angeles, CA: Data Driven Effort to Eliminate Traffic Fatalities
- Measure what you Treasure: Vision Zero in Los Angeles
- Country-wide Strategic First Mile/Last Mile Planning and Implementation in Los Angeles
- Beyond First Mile Strategies
In the Case Study: Los Angeles session, Chelsea will deliver an in-depth look at the importance of data driven decision making and implementation. Covering technical analysis and implementation strategies in LA, Richer’s presentation is a live look at the critical elements for program planning and success.